Every year for the National Association of Realtors, we have an annual conference and this year it was in CHICAGO!!! One of my all. time. favorite cities. Why? Well, what’s not to love?! The best way I can describe it is like a clean, New York but super friendly (I mean, it’s the Midwest after all). Or if New York and DC had a baby, it would be Chicago…I may be reaching but you catch my drift – it’s a big city with an intimate vibe. The Magnificent Mile is a dream for my fellow shoppers, you’ve got Lake Michigan for the water lovers, and one of the best parts, the food! For those that like to eat their way through a city like me, it’s perfect!
Normally, when I’m in Chicago, it’s for work related, committee meetings that have me inside all day so I never really get to explore, but this year was different. Needless to say, the hubby and I were so excited to visit Chi-town again and when looking at where to stay, the Langham Hotel Chicago really stood out. Staying at an amazing hotel, is part of the excitement of traveling for us. It’s all about the whole experience! The same trendy, stylish, elegant and luxurious atmosphere we’d look for in other venues, we look for when selecting a hotel. And having now experienced The Langham Chicago’s stunning look and incredible service, it really is no wonder that it has become a Chicago landmark and staple of luxury. Among the hotel’s latest accolades, a 5-star award from Forbes Travel Guide – so you know I’m not exaggerating! #Forbessaidit
The Langham Hotel Chicago…
We arrived and were instantly floored by the hotel’s beauty and elegance. Between the high ceilings, glass windows, stone, marble, wood and mirrored details, it was our taste to a ‘T’! Upon check in, we headed to our room via the fabulous mirrored elevators (hello, gorgeous!) to freshen up and head downstairs for lunch at the Mediterranean restaurant, Travelle Kitchen & Bar. You guys, it was so good! BJ and I shared the prosciutto flatbread followed by the ahi poke salad and daily grilled cheese with a side of old bay fries…ugh! I’m hungry for it just thinking about it!
We both had some work to get done, so we went to the bar area with our laptops for a few hours and before we knew it, the bar was open and we enjoyed happy hour before heading upstairs to get ready for our first conference event. From our event we went to a late dinner at BLVD restaurant. We came back to the hotel to a lovely surprise, a bottle of champagne and macarons! They get me. *wink*
Enjoying the city…
The next morning we took our time waking up, knocked out a little work and then headed out for a day of exploring the city and eating our way through it. We walked ALL OVER, which was especially good since we were enjoying great eats! The Langham Chicago is in such a great location that it allowed us to get around even easier. After a day out and about, we returned to get ready for another evening of conference events, before heading to RPM Steak for a late, coma inducing, dinner. SO good! Definitely made coming back to our beautiful hotel room and comfy bed for our last night.
Location & Amenities…
The Langham Chicago is located at 330 North Wabash Street Chicago, Illinois, 60611. Thankfully only a few blocks from the Magnificent Mile and many of the city’s major attractions. The staff is delightful and is happy to offer suggestions on where to go and what to do. Additionally, providing transportation as needed!
If you want to relax indoors at the Langham, you can absolutely do that to. You can enjoy many of the different treatments available at the Chuan Spa (which will be on my to-do next time), exercise in the health club while taking in the views of the city, or take a dip in the 67 foot swimming pool!
As you now know, I’m a fan of Travelle! But, my next visit I want to have afternoon tea in the lounge, Pavilion. Another place to add to my always growing ‘to try’ list! You can check out Travelle’s menu here. Even if you are just visiting Chicago but not staying at the hotel, I would check out Travelle. I can envision it being perfect for a business lunch, or just a lovely brunch/lunch/dinner with friends!
Can’t wait to visit again…
If you find yourself heading to Chicago, for business or pleasure (or if you live there and want a fabulous staycation destination), choose the Langham Chicago and thank me later!
330 North Wabash Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Where we ate this trip…
- Travelle Kitchen & Bar – so good!!
- BLVD – I came across the restaurant when looking at Eater’s current list of top Chicago restaurants. It has an old Hollywood vibe and the food was pretty good.
- 3 Arts Café at Restoration Hardware – who do I need to talk to about moving in? It’s BEYOND fabulous and the food was delicious. I had the soft scrambled eggs with avocado while sitting the gorgeous, chandelier heaven that is the café. Must.Vist. #yourewelcome Tip: Waiting for your table to be ready? Order a bellini or mimosa and shop the multi-level store in the meantime!
- Sunda – recommended by my friend Asia. I was craving sushi so it was perfect. BJ ordered ramen (a favorite of his) and he raved about it!
- RPM Steak – I mean, AMAZING. BJ asked about going last minute, even though we’ve been to and love RPM Italian here in DC, he wanted to check out how RPM Steak was different. So glad we tried it – delicious, definitely in a food coma afterwards!
- The Hampton Social – Try their frosé when you go. The food was very good and chill atmosphere.
- Cindy’s – great cocktails and gorgeous rooftop view of millennial park!
My list of places to eat in Chicago is super long, so many more to check out. My friend Alexis, is the Editor in Chief for Bitches who Brunch Chicago so definitely check out her recommendations!!
5 of the Most Instagrammable Places in Chicago:
*from a non-Chicagoan’s opinion, just a follower of what look like fun places!
- The Langham Chicago – the second floor lobby is epic for photos
- The Hampton Social – the ‘rosé all day’ is all over Instagram and it’s just as cute in person!
- The Bean at Millennial Park (aka ‘cloud gate’ ) – It was pouring down when we went by the Park, so of course, still on my list to get that perfect shot there.
- 3 Arts Café at Restoration Hardware – the chandeliers are to die for!! And of course, I wanted to buy everything in the store…hubby wasn’t having it. #rude
- The Flamingo Wall – we passed it on the way in, but didn’t get a chance to get back for a photo (plus it was rainy while we were there). Located on the side of the Flamingo Rum Club
photos by Ali Stone Photography
This post was sponsored by the Langham Hotel Chicago. All opinions are my own.