I love a reason to celebrate and I love, even more, when I get to celebrate the people that are dearest to me. One of my best friends, Pilar, is getting married in February and I am her matron of honor. It is such an honor and comes with a lot of fun responsibilities – one of which is planning the bachelorette party! The bride-to-be said she wanted to go to Vegas, so Vegas it was. We definitely had a blast (a few pics are below). We stayed at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas (which I’d highly recommend if you’re looking for a Vegas hotel) which is centrally located and has a few fun venues and restaurants right there!
While in bach prep mode, I’d been wracking my brain for what swag I was going to select for the girls, the decor, the events, and more. Starting with the theme – Bach Shit Crazy! I mean, it’s a bachelorette and it’s Vegas…so I mean…s*** can get crazy! With that in mind I wanted to do a pretty spin on some essentials that the girls might need for 3 days of partying. Reminder, I had to fly from DC to Vegas with all of this (thanks again to the lady at Southwest who let me sneak by with my overweight, overflowing suitcase) so I’d highly recommend to be mindful of what you are bringing and how you will travel with it. And, don’t forget, certain things you can purchase upon arrival so make it easy on yourself.
Bachelorette Party Welcome Gift Essentials:
- Gift Box – I love the idea of a box, mainly because so often I see bags. Both are fabulous don’t get me wrong, I just wanted to do something different. These gift boxes from Mod Party were the best because they came easy to put together and allowed me to travel with them easily. Why? Because I didn’t put them together until I arrived. As for the box stuffing, I DID have to go to Michaels and pick that up and those bags took up a good chunk of suitcase real estate, but it worked out fine! My favorite part about the gift boxes was that it could be customized with the recipients name which made it even more personal.
- The calligraphy on the Bach S*** Crazy gift tags were a rush order by Papercase Studio – couldn’t be more grateful to Caroline for getting them to me so quickly and beautifully. Again, the personal and pretty touches elevate the party favors.
- WATER…WATER…and more WATER: you must stay hydrated in that insane dry heat. Instead of water bottles (which obviously would be annoying to fly with and ended up just purchasing a couple cases upon arrival to have in the suite for the girls), I went with these super cute, mini Bkr water bottles! They are light and travel well and can be used again and again – a great takeaway for the girls and the bride. One of the Pilar’s wedding colors is ‘blush’ so I went with a blush colored bottle for the girls and a larger white bottle for the bride.
- Sleepy Cottage Eye Masks – for the little bit of shut eye that you’ll want to sneak in. These were too cute and Sleepy Cottage has so many fun designs, styles, colors etc. so I’d highly recommend! I went with the Vintage Glam Eyelashes sleep masks, and of course in blush/gold for the girls and white/gold for the bride.
- Hair Ties – because a gal can never find one when they need it, so better to have extras on hand! I found these from SweetRepose Boutique also on Etsy. To keep the blush/white/gold color scheme going I went with two ties: one with blush pink florals and white/gold polka dots. Loved the little sayings that you can select with these as well – ‘To Have and To Hold Your Hair Back’ *wink*
- While you need to keep your body hydrated, keeping your lips hydrated is also important. I chose to add the Kopari Lip Love coconut balm, well, because it is my favorite. Plus, it went with the color scheme – I’ve got a problem, I know, but it’s all about the details darling.
- Sugarfina Champagne and Bubbly Bears were included because who doesn’t want to a sweet snack after a night out? Come on…I know I’m not the only one…You know I LOVE Sugarfina and they have flavors for every occasion, event and taste!
- Fuckboy Repellent – this glitter body spray was just too funny not to get! “Fuckboy repellent is a non-toxic glitter body spray we designed to give gals an extra edge when fending off that obnoxious dude at the bar or the one who won’t take no for an answer. We like to say “one glittery spray keeps the fuckboys away.” (source)
Hangover Kit Must Haves & Other Swag Ideas:
*Some used in this welcome box, and other suggestions!
- Advil, because it will be necessary #plainandsimple
- Gum – I love the mint flavored Simply gum, it’s good for you! You can buy it at Whole Foods.
- Beauty Dust Moon Juice: “Beauty Dust® Is An Adaptogenic Blend Of Transformative Superherbs & Pearl That Help Combat The Effects Of Stress To Expand Your Beauty, Luster, & Glow From Within. Utilizes A Formula That Can Aid In The Production Of Collagen + Silica Production While Helping To Hydrate And Fortify Skin, Hair + Nails” (source). There are a bunch of different moon juice options – here
- Bling Wipes – I swear by these at home when I don’t feel like putting my wedding rings in the heavy duty cleaner – perfect for on the go or when traveling
- Makeup Remover
- Hand Sanitizer
- Split bottle of Sparkling wine/prosecco/champagne
- Customized Champagne/wine glasses – I love the ones from Rachel Carl, she even has an option for a gift box with calligraphy
- 6 Hour Energy
- Eye drops
- Energy Bars
- Hydrating Eye Patches that come individually packaged (so that you can divide them up easily to gift)
Ultimately, have fun putting them together and don’t over think it. It’s a nice gesture to welcome the bride and her gals to the Bachelorette Party and who doesn’t love party favors?! I will note, that when thinking about favors, it’s always best to go with something people will ‘Eat’ or ‘Use’. Think about all the favors you get that you just toss and think about how you don’t want the guests to do the same (hello, waste of $$$$).
If you’re planning your friends Bach or helping to plan, hope this provides some ideas! Have fun!