It is always an honor to be recognized for the work you do, your involvement in the industry of your choice and for having colleagues that you can call upon, work with, learn from – who push you to succeed through their support and by example. The Power Players is an ‘exclusive group of individual Realtors who regularly network to promote the highest ethical standards and best practices in the DMV’ (source). My dad, Dale Mattison (also featured), is one of the founding members and I am so honored to have been invited to join the group a couple years ago. I learn a great deal from all of my industry colleagues and this group is no different.
I heard a great quote while listening to a podcast awhile back that really stuck with me; “if you’re the smartest, most successful, best looking, whatever -the top of the top in [a] group….then, you’re in the wrong group!” (source) The best situation is to be in group or surrounded by people where there is an opportunity to learn something. That’s how you grow in so many ways and the Power Players is an example of this for me. I know I have room to grow in all things – I’m young, focused, determined and try to remain a sponge to soak up all I can from those I look up to.
Check out the brief article HERE.
Real Estate Fun Facts About Me:
- I am a second generation Realtor. My dad, Dale Mattison, is a top producer and has been selling real estate for over 41 years, so I grew up in the industry. We actually just did an interview with Real Estate Today Radio for their Father’s Day special about our relationship and working in the same industry – check it out HERE!
- I started working in the real estate industry at age 14
- I got my real estate license while in college at the University of Maryland and began my career right after graduation in new home condominium sales in Washington, DC
- I was honored as one of Realtor Magazine’s Top 30under30 in the country in 2013 – HERE
- I also married a Realtor. My husband, Barak Sky (also in our Power Players group and featured above), is a top producer and was honored as Realtor Magazine’s Top 30under30 in the 2013 too!
- My mother in law, Chana Sky, is a top producing Realtor too!!
- We all work for the same brokerage firm, Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
- Barak and I met at an office happy hour #cheesyiknow
- ….the list could go on and on….
….But as you can see, I couldn’t get away from real estate even if I tried lol
I love this industry and truly all things ‘home’!
photos by Laura Metzler Photography